- 4 Large Bedrooms, each with their own Bathroom, Fans and TV's.
- The Master Bedroom has Air-Conditioning, Private Lanai, Bath with direct ocean and ravine views, Bath Tub, enclosed Toilet and Bidet.
- The Guest Suite has a private and separate entrance by a ramp in the event a traveler needs wheelchair access. The Suite can also be accessed from the house. It has an outdoor private seating area in garden setting and its own kitchenette, and tub/shower combination.
- The 2 additional bedrooms are quiet, comfortably sized and also have garden/ravine views.
- Add'l beds not in bedrooms; Queen size day-bed (pune'e) can be used for sleeping, reading or resting on and is located on the lanai off the living room with pool/ocean view. The office also has a single sized day pune'e and is next to a powder room with sink and toilet.
We chose the land and built this particular home on the last "never built on" lot in the Koko Kai area of Portlock because we understood the benefits and nuances of the area. We knew that this is the only area with the conditions we needed to build this type of dream home. Location is key to living as there are many micro-climates in every area of Hawaii. To build the open Hawaiian style house which we wanted, we chose to build here because of the favorable offshore winds that enhance an open air style of living, keeping it cool, dry, and mildew free. It's very sunny yet cooled by the trade-wind breezes. #1 on our list above all is "it has to be quiet" and that it is. The leeward side of the island has many advantages including predominantly offshore trade-winds, spectacular sunsets and is consistently sunnier than the windward or mountain areas of the island. Koko Kai/Portlock projects outward into the deep blue sea giving it additional climatic benefits like being away from the often cloudy Ko'olau mountains & traffic noise. We call our home 'Blue Hawaii Kai' because it is a part of the community of Hawaii Kai but is out in the deep blue sea in the prestigious area of Koko Kai. The Hawaiian word for ocean/sea is kai. The Hawaii Kai area has every amenity one would need, including all kinds of shopping (including Costco), medical services a mile away, restaurants (the original Roy's restaurant started here in Hawaii Kai), golf courses, surfing and ocean activities. In fact, one could stay in Hawaii Kai and never go to 'Honolulu' if they wanted to. We love it and lived in many homes from Lanikai to Manoa. This property has been used in numerous TV shows, movies, national and international advertising and is the favorite home of all the location scouts seeking sets for their clients.
We want to share the Ultimate Hawaiian Style Living with you. You won't be disappointed and living here may be a positive life changing experience for your family as it has been for ours.